Here is a Cat’s Tail Map map that you can print from Caltopo.
Click this link below for an interactive map of the course.
The resolution is of the print map is OK but not as good as the NY/NJ trail conference maps. You should buy the Catskills map set if you need help with navigation. Purchase at Rock and Snow in New Paltz, NY or online here .
Another option is also available. There is a free app available called Avenza PDF maps. You can load a GPS referenced map onto your phone with the app. Follow these steps for iPhone (I don’t know how the android phones look but I assume it is similar)
- Download Avenza PDF maps onto your phone.
- Open this website on your phone.
- Download Cat’s Tail Map PDF on your smartphone.
- Click on “more…” in the upper right hand corner.
- Scroll over to “import with PDF maps”. Done.
- The app will track your position with GPS while your phone stays in airplane mode to save battery life. As long as you are following the red line, you’re on the course.